The Rehabilitation « Perceptual-Motor, Proximo-Distal, Circumscribed » Permanent
It is the fusion, the combination, the appropriate dosage of these 3 reeducational concepts that will give all its value to the resulting neuroplasticity :
- by bringing the patient out of their comfort zones in complete confidence and safety
- by systematically placing the patient in b iomechanical and environmental conditions that favor the activation and early repetition of the processes of the acquisition of motor functions to be internalized: The patient must be placed in a position to be able to achieve the sought motor function.
- By making the patient aware that rehabilitation sessions alone are not enough, that he is the architect of his motor evolution on a daily basis, that he must permanently
put himself in a situation of rehabilitative stimulation.
- By showing the patient through simple and concrete examples that he or he can do it.
Its advantage is to avoid or minimise the appearance of unwanted motor balances that the phenomena of segmental motor asymmetry and spasticity highlight.
These phenomena are closely related to the principle of reciprocal innervation.
Rehabilitation « Perceptual-Motor » :
In rehabilitation, neuroplasticity, which is the brain's ability to restructure and create new neurons, depends on age, the extent of the injury, the degree of complexity of the structure involved, but also and above all on the environmental conditions imposed on the patient.
This is why, as soon as the medical diagnosis is made, the patient should be in a situation of permanent re-educational stimulation, because the capacity to (re)structure and create neural circuits at the origin of motor behavior patterns remains mostly intact.
The environment applied to the patient will therefore have decisive consequences in the creation and elaboration of the specific motor balances in the making of each patient.
Rehabilitation « Proximo-Distal » :
Fundamental role of the Proximo-Distal Organisation of Motricity :
The positioning of the different body segments gradually tightens the muscles at the origin of the various synergistic muscle contractions, which propagate progressively from the spine and trun (proximal) to the extremities of the limbs (distal).
It will therefore be constantly kept in mind that each joint level serves as a support for the expression of the motricity of the underlying joints.
Rehabilitation « Circumscribed » :
The motricity resulting the information-action circuit originates from the awareness of :
- direction of applied resistance
- visual, tactile and auditory stimulations used
- positioning of the body and body segments in action
It will therefore be necessary to place the patient in a circumscribed work environment that delimits and channels the movement very precisely because it determines the conditions of the development of the entire motor skills to be internalized.